Saturday 25 January 2014

Wikies and Collaborative Learning




Wikies , this word appeared in front of me when I search about wiki site appear in web. I  was thinking Wikipedia have many names , and one of them is wikis .I sow it when I search in the past in elementary school time. But the fact that stock in my mind was wrong .There are different type of wikies .In tech classes , everything change in my veggies background .Also, there are some websites or let’s called them services such as Google App. It include  a package .I attended some workshops talked about Google App. Example of these app is Google docs , where you can share and write in a group when collaborative learning applied .But there are some problems with Google docs. Some of them , Instructor cannot control some students delete a file. On other hand, wikis have solve that problem , and the teacher “instructor” can know delete ,and also, return the deleted file .I signed  up and tried these services from (wikis.com) but most of my friends work in a group in Google docs, because it is easy.

 

In future, with student in school ,I will try to use it. There  are not that strong internet in some schools and I noted that when I trained during this semester . I think it will not do well with primary and secondary student , but elementary students are ready because of expected outcomes that help them to join like these learning styles and internet tools.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment